Foróige NYP (Neighbourhood Youth Project)
Amazing opportunity to intern with Ireland's leading youth organisation
Gain practical experience as an assistant youth worker with Ireland’s leading youth organisation. Foróige works with over 50,000 young people aged 10-18 each year through volunteer-led Clubs and staff-led Youth Projects. Foróige currently operates in 26 counties in Ireland, with more than 600 Foróige Clubs, 150 Youth Projects, the Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring programme, the Foróige Youth Entrepreneurship programme, our Youth Citizenship and Youth Leadership programmes.
Foróige works with all young people through our general services. Foróige Clubs, Foróige Juniors, Foróige Interest Clubs, Foróige Youth Cafés encourage young people to take responsibility for themselves and to be part of shaping the world around them while developing their talents, skills and abilities. We also work with vulnerable young people who require additional support through a full range of targeted services.
With this internship, you would have the opportunity to experience many aspects of the organisation in one of Ireland’s oldest towns, Ballyshannon in the beautiful northwest.
- Develop facilitation and public speaking skills working hands on with young people
- Receive certified youth work training for each Foróige program
- Acquire community development and communication skills linking with other programs and volunteers.
- Obtain planning, organisation and evaluation skills working closely with qualified youth workers.
- Establish administration and fundraising skills by developing new projects and maintaining and updating the current system.
Requirements: No experience necessary, but a keen interest in youth/community work is a must.
Available: All Year round