Murf's Surf School
Learn to surf while gaining practical experience in all areas of an Outdoor Adventure Sports Business
If you would like a varied, active and social internship experience, Murf’s ISA level 2 surf school has it all. Gain new skills in a fun, outdoors environment working alongside Owen Murphy and experienced competitive surfer and trainer. Learn about the world of surf from the equipment involved to reading the surf report and shadowing on beginner and intermediate lessons. Also get the opportunity to meet driven athletes through the high-performance surf coaching provided by Murf himself. Become a surfer and enjoy the beachside lifestyle in one of Ireland’s top Surfing destinations. Meet likeminded people and see how a business works at every level from the inside out. Get the opportunity to work with partner organisations such as Liquid Therapy, who provide surfing and water activities to young people with special needs.
- Gain group management skills through coordinating group bookings/lessons
- Develop financial management skills by balancing the books at the end of each day and handling customer transactions.
- Establish logistical skills by organizing bookings, coordinating equipment and gear for rentals and lessons as well as opening/closing a business.
- Promote marketing and Communication skills with hands on customer interactions.
- Begin your training towards becoming a fully qualified Surf Instructor.
Requirements: No experience necessary, however a keen interest in water sports and business management a plus
Available: May -September