Marketing and product manufacturing internship in a thriving bakery
O’Donnells bakery has been in the baking business from its beautiful, unspoilt location in County Donegal since 1969. Unfortunately, in 2010 after a tough financial year O’Donnells bakery went into liquidation. This is when Bread Agent Andrew McElhinney stepped up and bought the bakery saving local jobs in Donegal.
Since then the bakery has gone from strength to strength and has gained customers from all over the north and south of Ireland including Donegal, Galway, Roscommon, Leitrim, Cavan, Monaghan, Fermanagh, Tyrone, Derry and Armagh.
In 2016 they began exporting to the USA after a marketing mission. They are currently supplying in fruit teascones, brack, soda farls and potato bread. These products have been a huge success so far.
All their baking is done the traditional way using scratch mixes and the finest ingredients they can source. They produce over 34 different products ranging from wheaten breads, cakes, teascones, rolls, a selection of confectionary and morning goods.
- Establish strong marketing skills by assisting in the management of the company’s advertising through social media both nationally and internationally.
- Get involved in the development of new production lines.
- Enhance your logic and reasoning skills through target market research.
- Expand your interpersonal skills through customer service with in store sampling.
- Gain strong analytical skills by working both independently and as part of a team.
Requirements: No experience necessary however basic IT skills, a knowledge of social media and an interest to learn is plus.
Availability: 2 Spaces per internship, available all year round.