Sweet Beat Sligo
Intern at a thriving vegan cafe gaining skills in a variety of areas within the business
Try a 9-week internship with 3-week rotations to three different areas of this innovative Vegan food business. Sweet Beat Café is a health café focusing on making plant-based cuisine more accessible through delicious raw foods, hot dishes, superfood salads, energising smoothies and tasty treats. Their Bridge Street café provides vegan-friendly, living, nourishing food and which is prepared, fresh, from scratch, every morning in their busy kitchen, sourcing only the best quality ingredients from local growers and suppliers. If you would like to learn more about healthy living/eating, sustainable food sourcing and vegan friendly food production then get practically involved in this foodie's dream internship in the coastal, cultural hub of Sligo town in the North West of Ireland.
- In the first rotation discover and develop the skills behind delicious vegan culinary delights working alongside a specialist chef at a professional level.
- In the second rotation get the opportunity to work with a speciality baker and establish new and innovative ways to produce a variety of vegan baked goods.
- In the third rotation move to the production line working with vegan products that have been created in house for local and national supermarkets
- Develop interpersonal skills dealing with customers and working alongside professional staff.
- Gain a vast knowledge of plant-based cooking, ethical sourcing and soul enriching food that meet dietary requirements as well as being environmentally friendly.
Requirements: No experience necessary however an interest in healthy food and environmentally friendly practices is desirable
Available: All year round