Intern in the Arts in one of Ireland's leading contemporary Arts Centres
Try an exciting and culturally immersive internship in one of Ireland’s leading contemporary arts centres, and the most important arts venue in the North West. Housed in a 150 year old building, originally a Model School, the centre underwent extensive refurbishment in 1999 and completed the third phase in its redevelopment, expanding in size and becoming a primary visitor attraction and a key cultural destination. As well as being the home of The Niland Collection, which consists of over 300 pieces of contemporary Art by significant Irish artists, among them John and Jack B Yeats, Paul Henry, Estella Solomon, Barrie Cooke and Louis Le Brocquy, The Model hosts a wide variety of exhibitions, both national and international, covering a range of disciplines from painting, photography, multi-media (film), and sculpture, throughout the year.
- Gain and expand on interpersonal skills through customer service, making visitors feel welcome and providing necessary information.
- Benefit from training and support appropriate to your role.
- Work alongside people with years of experience in the arts with an abundance of knowledge to share.
- Assist in the development of artists in a broad range of art forms and their work.
- Develop your organisation and administration skills, logging details, manning the front desk and meeting and greeting clients and artists alike.
Requirements: No experience necessary, but a keen interest in the arts is desirable
Available: All year round