Essential Eligibility Criteria
• Irish Gap Year welcomes participants from all backgrounds, Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Political Beliefs, Socio-economic Group, Gender.
• Students must have the ability to communicate their ideas both within a group and a one to one basis.
• Students must have a good command of the English Language.
• Students must have a basic understanding of interpersonal and group level dynamics
• Students to possess the ability to monitor and self-medicate their own prescription drugs without the need for help from a program leader.
• Students must be willing to participate in the program, for up to five consecutive days, without the use of a smart phone or smart device.
• Students must be willing to respect program policies relating to Drug and Alcohol use.
• Participates must work with Irish Gap Year staff to ensure a safe and stress-free environment therefore students should not engage or tolerate any harassing or abusive behavior to any Irish Gap Year staff or fellow student.
• Students must be willing to participate in 6-8hour hikes, over rough terrain and in all kinds of weather.