TERMS & CONDITIONS
Once Irish Gap Year (IGY) confirms you’re your place on a program a contract is made between Irish Gap Year and you upon the terms and conditions set out below. Irish Gap Year hereinafter referred to as IGY, will only confirm you’re booking once we have received a full deposit for your program.
- Once full payment is made you will be allocated a place on a particular program and a confirmation emailed will be sent to you. This is your confirmation of booking. This should be printed and saved for your own reference.
- Once you begin your program, you accept and abide by these terms and conditions.
- We accept no responsibility for incorrect email or inability to deliver email. If your confirmation does not arrive on time or at all, then you must ask us to resend the email confirmation of the program you have paid for.
- We reserve the right to sell any places reserved without a deposit.
- It is the responsibility of the participants to check the accuracy of dates booked upon receipt of their travel documents.
- There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of the IGY programs.
- We take no responsibility for any injuries or loss to you incurred whilst you are taking part in any activities that are outside programed activities run or supervised by IGY staff. We strongly recommend that you take out comprehensive insurance cover for cancellation, medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage, money and public liability before you travel. You will not be accepted on an IGY program unless you have arranged satisfactory insurance.
- We accept no responsibility for the theft, loss or damage to personal belongings or luggage at any time during the duration of your program.
- Cancellation of your program must be in writing or by email (email@example.com) to Irish Gap Year.
- When written confirmation of your cancellation is received you are entitled to the following: cancellation 8 weeks or more from the date of tour departure allows a 90% refund, cancellation within 4 weeks of tour departure date allows a 50% refund, cancellation within 1 week of your departure date allows 25% refund. Cancellations less than 1 week from your tour departure date results in a 10% refund
- If the reason for your cancellation is covered under your insurance policy, you may be able to make a claim under that policy.
- Programs already booked cannot be cancelled and rebooked where special offers are made available. This applies to all trade shows and any other special offers that may be available.
- Any refund which has been agreed with the management of IGY can be refunded by bank transfer to the person who booked the program.
- Changes by us
- We reserve the right to change our typical itineraries at any time and at our discretion. As professionals we will endeavour to avoid this and if it is necessary, we will substitute alternative arrangements of comparable monetary value.
- We reserve the right to alter our itinerary in the event of happenings outside the control of IGY. This includes outbreaks of 'foot and mouth' or other contagious diseases, revolution, national or local strikes and/or protests, social disorder, political unrest or adverse weather events.
- We reserve the right to change the price of our programs at any time.
- We reserve the right to launch amended brochures in the public domain at any time.
- You must obey the laws of the Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the European Union, whilst travelling on a Irish Gap Year program. We would ask you to show respect to the many diverse customs that exist in Ireland.
- Your appointed IGY staff member may need to make a decision in the interests of safety. It is a condition of program that you comply with the authority and decisions of the appointed representative of IGY. If you do not comply with the said representative and are not compatible with the general enjoyment and well-being of members of the program, we reserve the right to refuse to allow you to continue the program. In such a case we will not be liable for any refund, compensation or any additional costs incurred by you. We cannot accept liability for the behaviour of others on your program nor if any facilities are curtailed as a result of their actions.
- It is your responsibility to meet your program at arranged arrival points. Because of the nature of the service, IGY will not be liable if any service leaves or arrives later than its specified time, even if as a result you miss a connecting service. Irish Gap Year will endeavour to ensure that departure and arrival times are met.
Arrival and Departure points
- All of our programs start and finish in Dublin airport. Teen programs will include a meet and greet at designated USA airport and group travel will be escorted on international flights from these designated airports.
- Pick up times are approximate and dependent upon traffic.
- Your obligations and responsibilities
- You must inform us in writing of any medical condition that requires attention or medication before your program commences.
- It is your responsibility to have all necessary visas, passports, permits and certificates required for your selected program as well as any necessary vaccinations to comply with all applicable laws.
- During your program IGY staff may take photographs and films of you (as part of a group) while you are a passenger and these may be used in our Group brochures and/or advertising and publicity material without obtaining any further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
- When you book with IGY, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid at the time direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against IGY as a result of your actions.
- You are obliged to respect the right of residents living close to our houses / premises and other facilities used by IGY during your program, to live free from noise, vandalism or any other source of annoyance. Especially at night time. Any program member who contravenes this policy will be reported to the local Police/Gardai Siochanna.
- The Irish way of life is one of enjoying life, relishing and respecting other people's company. We would ask you come to your program with a positive frame of mind, ready to enjoy your adventure with us. At all times you must show courtesy and respect to your IGY staff and more importantly the other Tour members. Failure to do so may result in you being asked to leave the program at the management's discretion.
- In the event that you may wish to make a formal complaint against IGY. Please inform an IGY staff member at the time. If the matter cannot be resolved immediately or during your trip after the IGY staff’s best endeavours to do so, your complaint should be made in writing to IGY as soon as is reasonably possible after the incident, but within7 days thereof so that your complaint can be investigated. IGY will not consider any claims after the 7-day period. You will be assured of respect and courtesy whilst your complaint is being dealt with.
- Weather Conditions
- Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for weather conditions. If a program is cancelled or amended by you at any time on the basis of weather our standard conditions regarding changes and refunds apply. We accept no responsibility for weather conditions that may affect the delivery and implementation of our itinerary.
- All of our outdoor activities rely on certain weather conditions. We may at times cancel / postpone an activity because the weather conditions are not suitable. This is for your safety. We do not accept any responsibility for changes to activities because of weather conditions and safety concerns.
No Smoking Policy
- We do not permit smoking on any of our vehicles or in our premises.
All information and data, personal or otherwise, received by us will be kept private and confidential and in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
Click here to view your rights in plain English on the Data Protection website.
- The booking conditions detailed herein contain the entire contract between you and IGY. No representation, term, warranty or condition can be expressed or implied by reference to any other writing, advertisement or conversation. This contract may only be varied in writing by a duly authorised officer of IGY.
- This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by Irish law. IGY and program participants hereby agree that any dispute, claim or other matter which arises out of or in connection with this contract or your program will be dealt with by the Courts of the Republic of Ireland only. Changes to these Booking Conditions will only be valid if agreed by IGY in writing.
- Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of our brochures and other printed material at time of going to print, however IGY cannot be held responsible for printing and typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
By clicking accept that I agree I have read and accepted the policy of the terms and conditions.
Irish Gap Year
6 Bayview Terrace
Tel: 071 9841091
(Please read carefully as they set out our respective rights and obligations. Once you begin your tour, by default you accept these terms and conditions.)